This webinar has two parts: a presentation about the science behind Urine Drug Screenings (UDS) followed by a panel discussion on the implications of UDS on the lives of people who use drugs, particularly for parents and guardians who use drugs.
The panel discussion covers some of the following questions:
- How do UDS impact and harm people who use drugs, particularly for parents and guardians who use drugs?
- How has the use of UDS impacted you and your family?
- How are the results of UDS used for surveillance, and how do the results impact your life?
- How do your UDS results impact your eligibility for OAT and/or safer supply programs?
- In what ways does the use of UDS impact your relationship of trust and confidence with your safer supply prescriber?
- Science SOS: A few definitions -- this handout defines many of the terms that are used in the science presentation
- Presentation slide deck (PDF)
Our Presenter, Moderator, and Speakers
- Phoenix Beck McGreevy - moderator
- Claire S - presenter and speaker
- Ashley Smoke - speaker
- Nat Kaminski - speaker
- Keri Guelke - speaker
- Hawkfeather Peterson - speaker