This webinar discussed the newest Safer Supply research evaluation findings from Ottawa programs with a focus on Safer Stimulants. Read and download the full report!
A Q & A session with the speakers followed the presentation.
- Presentation slide deck (PDF)
- Safer Supply Ottawa Evaluation: Spring 2023 Report
- Safer Supply Ottawa Evaluation: Fall 2022 Report
- Journal article: Safer opioid supply: qualitative program evaluation
- Toronto Drug Checking Service
- Our Resources for Health Care Providers page detailing services & resources for clinicians
- Items in our Resource Library that are tagged with the keyword "Stimulants"
Marlene Haines RN PhD(c) is a PhD Candidate in the School of Nursing at the University of Ottawa. Her program of research focuses on the overdose crisis, harm reduction, and drug policy. She is also a Registered Nurse with clinical expertise in safer supply programs, injectable opioid agonist therapy, and working with individuals who use substances as well as those who are homeless or unstably housed.
Patrick O’Byrne NP PhD is a Full Professor of Nursing at the University of Ottawa and a Nurse Practitioner at the Sexual Health Clinic. His research and clinical practice focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Dr. O’Byrne holds a research chair in public health and HIV prevention from the Ontario HIV Treatment Network. He is also the Principal Investigator for GetaKit.ca, the first project to offer mail-out delivery of free HIV self-tests in Canada.
Athena Tefoglou is a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Student at the University of Ottawa. She is a Registered Practical Nurse currently working in safer supply research, program development and acute care. Her working experience includes outpost nursing and community care nursing using a harm reduction lens.