This qualitative study examined the challenges encountered by people who use drugs in Nova Scotia, Canada during COVID-19. One of the few papers that investigates safer supply in Nova Scotia, the presentation outlined key findings, facilitators and barriers to care, and implications for future research.
A Q&A session followed the presentation.
- Read the full research paper
- Paper: Protecting Health, Respecting Rights: Decriminalizing Drug Possession as a Constitutional Imperative
- Paper: The Triple Wave Epidemic: Supply and Demand Drivers of the US Opioid Overdose Crisis
- Matthew Bonn, Communications Manager, Canadian AIDS Society
- Emilie Comeau, PhD, Department of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University
- Sheila Wildeman, Associate Professor of Law, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University; Associate Director, Health Law Institute; Co-Chair, East Coast Prison Justice Society