Join us on Thursday, June 30th at 12pm EDT for a presentation about the science behind Urine Drug Screenings (UDS) followed by a panel discussion on the implications of UDS on the lives of people who use drugs, particularly for parents and guardians who use drugs.
The panel discussion will cover some of the following questions:
- How do UDS impact and harm people who use drugs, particularly for parents and guardians who use drugs?
- How has the use of UDS impacted you and your family?
- How are the results of UDS used for surveillance, and how do the results impact your life?
- How do your UDS results impact your eligibility for OAT and/or safer supply programs?
- In what ways does the use of UDS impact your relationship of trust and confidence with your safer supply prescriber?
Our Moderator and Speakers (tentative)
- Phoenix Beck McGreevy - moderator
- Claire Snelgrove - presenter and speaker
- Ashley Smoke - speaker
- Nat Kaminski - speaker
- Keri Guelke - speaker
- Hawkfeather Peterson - speaker
A moderated Q & A session will follow the discussion. Audience members are welcome to submit their questions in the Q & A box.
This is a public event. English closed captioning and French written transcription will be provided.